Due to the current coronavirus pandemic all mentoring sessions are expected to take place virtually. The position will be reviewed as the external environment changes. If both the mentee and mentor agree to meet in person this will need prior agreement with Disability Connect and government guidelines will need to be followed.
The Disability Connect Mentoring Scheme is a new, exciting and rewarding reverse mentoring scheme providing business leaders with a disabled mentor. The mentor will have unique insights and knowledge of the challenges of disability in the workplace and during recruitment processes.
The scheme objectives are:
-to increase the mentees awareness of disability challenges in the workplace;
-to increase skills, knowledge and confidence of the mentee in handling disability issues and putting into place best practice;
-to provide the mentee with a package of options and insight into how to make their organisation disability positive; and
-to provide the mentor with a platform to up skill and educate business leaders whilst building confidence, experience and employability.
1. The mentor and mentee will complete and submit a registration form.
2. The information will be reviewed and the mentee will be strategically paired with a mentor that matches their aims, objectives and requirements for participating.
3. The mentor and mentee will be introduced via e-mail who will agree on a date and time to meet.
4. Before the first mentoring session, the mentor and mentee will be provided with guidance on the mentoring relationship and the mentor will complete a virtual training package.
5. The mentoring relationship will typically last for six months with one session taking place per month. Advice and support will be provided by Disability Connect.
The mentee will pay a set fee for the six-month mentoring relationship. This will include a strategically paired mentor, extensive guidance on mentoring and information on how to utilise your mentoring relationship and regular check-ins and 1-2-1 support from Disability Connect. Further details can be on the Mentee Zone.
The mentor will receive £25.00 per mentoring session at the end of the six-month relationship.